Upon recommendation from the faculty, staff, and chancellor, students who meet the general requirements and curriculum requirements of a program will be granted the designated degree or certificate. It is the student's responsibility to know and follow the requirements of the curriculum and the rules governing academic work. No IECC official or faculty member can relieve a student of this responsibility.
To graduate, all students must:
1. Successfully complete all of the prescribed requirements in the selected program of study;
2. Earn the required number of hours for the degree or certificate;
3. Earn, at a minimum, the required number of college-level credits at IECC:
- For a degree, 16 credit hours
- For a certificate, 16 credit hours or 50% of the required credit hours, whichever is less;
4. Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 for all IECC coursework;
5. Satisfy all IECC financial obligations;
6. Fulfill any outstanding requests for records; and
7. Make application for graduation and pay the required fee.