The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning provides relevant professional development, onboarding, and academic support services for IECC faculty, staff and students, as well as professional development and workforce education opportunities for external constituents including K-12 institutions, economic development associations, and manufacturing facilities within District 529. The mission of Illinois Eastern Community Colleges is to deliver exceptional education and services to improve the lives of our students and to strengthen our communities and the CETL exists to enhance IECC`s ability to fulfill that mission.
What We Do
- Programs for professional development are offered in-house and externally.
- These programs can be found in workshops, adjunct faculty courses, and through external development websites.
- CETL works in conjunction with other programs in the district to help promote and help at events throughout the colleges.
- These events are highlighted in our "Upcoming Events" tab.
- Instructional Design offers many different services relating to Canvas.
- Offerings include: Canvas Course needs assessment Canvas Course design and creation, Canvas Course consultation, Canvas Course best practices, and tutorial consultation and creation
- CETL supports the growth and professional development of adjunct faculty.
- A short series of courses are available to introduce adjunct faculty to course design and best practices in using technology for engagement and learning.
- All adjunct faculty (both transfer and CTE) are required to participate in various courses.