Olney Central College Baseball finished the 2021 season with a 34-21 record and was named an Academic All-American Team with a 3.24 team grade point average.
Several players earned postseason honors. Those named Great Rivers Athletic Conference All-Conference were:
• Peyton Meredith, who finished with a .419 batting average and 29 runs batted in;
• Nick Rucker, who hit .356, with 40 RBI;
• Sam Rowan, who batted .328, with 28 RBI and 21 stolen bases; and
• Reed Blaszczyk, who tallied a .329 batting average and 50 RBI.
Two players have opted to continue their baseball careers. Thomas King has committed to NCAA Division I Houston Baptist and Tucker Platt has committed to Indiana University-Kokomo (NAIA).
Former Blue Knights are also excelling on the diamond.
• Jerad Eickhoff returned to the major leagues with the New York Mets.
• Braden Scott signed with the Evansville Otters of the Frontier League.
• Jordan Cozart was chosen First Team in the Ohio Valley Conference at Murray State University, with a .318 batting average, 19 home runs and 58 RBI.
• Phil Archer was selected Honorable Mention in the Missouri Valley Conference, as well as First Team Scholar Athlete, at Southern Illinois University. He had a .322 batting average, 11 HR and 60 RBI.
• Aaron Beck was named First Team in the Missouri Valley, as well as Newcomer of the Year. He ended the season at Indiana State University with a .319 batting average, 3 HR and 24 RBI.