Mt. Carmel, Ill.— Wabash Valley College is now seeking applicants for the Phyllis J. Schucker Memorial Scholarship.
The Phyllis J. Schucker Memorial Scholarship is a one-time scholarship, established out of love and respect for Phyllis. The memorial scholarship was set up by Phyllis’s niece Rayna Kaasa and her husband Dave Kaasa. They knew how much Chapter FK of the Philanthropic Educational Organization and education meant to Phyllis and wanted to honor her memory in this way.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- They must be a student at Wabash Valley College;
- They must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher;
- They must submit a transcript of courses taken;
- They must submit an essay written by the student, giving a short biography which includes educational goals, career goals and lists any service to the community. This essay does not have a minimum word/page requirement; and
- They must submit a recommendation from a faculty member that has had the student in a course. This recommendation is a statement of confidence in the student’s academic abilities and verification of the student’s good citizenship as a member of the student body at Wabash Valley College.
Don’t miss your opportunity to earn this scholarship; Submit your essay and letter of recommendation today! The scholarship’s deadline is Friday, Nov. 13, at 3:00 p.m. Send all required materials to WVC’s Financial Aid office.