COVID19 Plan for Students
- Updated 03/20/2019 - 4pm
Student Specifc Plans, Q&A, and Resources
What about my classes?
- All classes are suspended 3/16-3/20
- On 3/23 courses will resume online. See status update below for details on your class.
Does this include Dual Credit?
Illinois Eastern Community Colleges is waiting to for guidance from the State of Illinois before making a determination on how to proceed with dual credit. High school students enrolled in regular college classes (with traditional college students) will resume classes on 3/23 as scheduled.
How do I know the status of my classes?
- Access course schedules at the links below.
- Green = Lecture/Lab time will meet as normal
- Yellow = Lecture/Lab moved to Online *
- Red = Lecture/Lab canceled/postponed *
* Courses will show a note with special directions and dates, please read these.
- Online Course Schedule List
- Entrata Course List (Logon to Entrata)
How can I prepare to learn online?
- Create or login to your MyIECC/Entrata Account
- Register for CIS1104 Intro Class
- Log on to Canvas to see other resource listings. A course called "Broadstrokes" is available to guide you through the basics of Canvas.
- Technical Questions contact the Help Desk
I am a current student, but do not have the technology at home to support online instruction. What should I do?
Contact your faculty member to understand the technology needs of the class. In some cases technology through smart phones, tablets, etc. may be sufficient to support online learning. If you do not have access to theinternet you may have resources available to you from an internet provider:
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- Sprint COVID-19 response: provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: unlimited data to existing customers, and will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- Verizon COVID-19 response: waiving activation and upgrade fees. unlimited plans include wifi hotspot capabilities, allowing you to connect devices such as laptops and tablets via wifi.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low-income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
Other college activities/services?
NA=Not applicable to this college
*All areas that are open have posted limited occupancy requirements.
I am a current student, what are my options if my course has gone online and I cannot or do not want to continue the course in the online format?
Students interested in withdrawing from a course must complete the form* below and send from their IECC.edu email account to the following:
- FCC (Advisors)
- LTC (Advisors)
- OCC (Advisors)
- WVC (Advisors)
- Allied Health Advisors
*Course and Program Change Form
Students have the option to withdraw from the course. The last date to withdraw has been extended to May 1, 2020. Please be sure to contact financial aid to see if this will impact your financial aid before withdrawing. If you choose to withdraw, refunds are not available, and any amount owed will still be due.
How can a I make a payment on my current bill and contact the Business Offices?
Students wishing to make a payment can do so by logging into their Entrata account to pay online using the following instructions. View Directions
If you are unable to get access to Entrata, payments can still be made by mail or phone to the college business office listed below.
Will graduation be cancelled?
Illinois Eastern Community Colleges has not made any determinations for any events scheduled after April 10th at this time. We will have your safety in mind when making this decision and will communicate any decision related to that when the time comes. If cancelled, graduation fees will still apply.
Stay Healthy and In The Know!
Emergency Alerts for you, family, community
Log on the MyIECC, access the Entrata portal. On the left menu select “Alerts.” Consider adding a text number or alternative email address to receive these messages in multiple ways.
Canvas Guides Students
Access Guides for Students
Library Resources and Contacts
If you have questions regarding off-campus access to Library services or research, please leave both your phone number and your email address.
Visit the "Library" section in Entrata for listing.
FCC: email@example.com or 618-847-9194
LTC: firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-546-2295
OCC: email@example.com or 618-393-3417
WVC: firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-263-5097
Questions and Concerns... Contact Us!
- College Specific
- FCC - 618-842-3711 or 877-464-3687
- LTC - 618-544-8657 or 866-582-4322
- OCC - 618-395-7777 or 866-622-4322
- WVC - 618-262-8641 or 866-982-4322
- Workforce Education Contact
- Technical Questions Only