Pass/Fail Courses

Students exercising the pass/fail option must declare their intentions at registration by designating it on the Student Information and Registration Form (available in Student Services) or completing a Pass/Fail Course Request Form. Students may not change to the traditional letter-grade option after the end of late registration.

Students planning to transfer to senior institutions are discouraged from taking courses under the pass/fail option and should consult with their advisor before selecting this alternative. 

Additional Guidelines:

1. A student may take a maximum of twelve (12) pass/fail credit hours, with certain exceptions.

2. A student enrolled in a transfer degree may not take general education requirements for pass/fail credit.

3. A student enrolled in a certificate or an Associate in Applied Science degree program may not take degree/certificate courses for pass/fail credit. Exceptions: NUR 1206, NUR 2205,or those courses entitled “Internship” or “Seminar”.

4. A student may take continuing education courses for pass/fail credit.

5. A student must earn a C or better to receive a P in a P/F course.

6. A grade of F* (Fail) or P (Pass) will not be computed in the grade point average.

7. Applicable tuition and fees apply.