The Grade Forgiveness Policy at IECC is applicable to students seeking re-entry into a certificate or degree program who have academic records that are at least three years old. These students may petition the Academic Standards Committee to have all F (Failure) and WF (Withdrawal Failure) grades "forgiven" for the purpose of calculating their cumulative grade point average at IECC.
Students should note:
- You can petition for Grade Forgiveness only one time;
- You must petition with the IECC college you've reentered;
- Forgiven grades will remain on your transcript;
- Based on their policies, other colleges and universities may consider the original grade(s) in their CGPA calculations;
- You may be eligible for Grade Forgiveness before the three-year period if there are documented extenuating circumstances;
- Financial aid eligibility may be impacted; contact the financial aid office.
Complete the Grade Forgiveness Petition form to begin the process.