Navigating Financial Aid
Many of you have already completed your financial aid for the year, but the subject bears further investigation because it is so crucial to your college career. The best source of information on financial aid can be found in your college financial aid office. Whether beginning the process or completing your paperwork, it is imperative that you ask questions and keep the financial aid office informed if you plan on dropping or adding classes.
The financial aid application below is referred to as a FAFSA and must be completed for the following:
- Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- Federal Pell Grant
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work Study
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission MAP Grant
- Illinois Incentive for Access (IIA) Grant
The application requires the previous year’s taxes for students and their parents. Filling out the application as soon after taxes are filed is important because of deadlines. The application may be filed online at: http://www.fafsa.gov.