A Technology Committee comprised of employees throughout the IECC District provided input and guidance for the plan. This Committee identified technological resources needed to better serve the citizens of District 529 and developed a Technology Plan that:
- is supported by the four colleges, workforce education, and district office and includes their full commitment to the implementation of the adopted plan.
- is cost-effective, with regard given to present and anticipated financial resources.
- is developed with input from key officers from each college and the district office with full consideration given to the American Disabilities Act and the need to accommodate access for the physically challenged.
- ensures investments in technologies that will provide a sound, reliable infrastructure.
- focuses on major technology needs outside of the normal operating budget and grant funds.