Your Role in Accreditation
All IECC staff play a vital role in the accreditation process. How do you prepare for the HLC Visit in 2015?
• Think about your role at IECC and on your college campus.
• How does your work contribute to accomplishing HLC’s five criteria for providing a quality education?
- Criterion One – Mission
The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion Two – Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion Three – Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support
The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion Four – Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion Five – Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
The institution’s resources, structure, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
• Review IECC’s mission, purpose statements, and core values at www.iecc.edu/mission.
• Consider the contributions you are making to IECC’s mission.
• Review the 2014 Fact Book at www.iecc.edu/factbook.
• Continue to actively participate in your area’s Students First Co-Curricular activities.
• Review the General Education Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes at www.iecc.edu/genedmission.
• Review assessment of student learning at www.iecc.edu/assessment.
• Review institutional data, reports, and planning documents on the Institutional Effectiveness webpage at www.iecc.edu/ie.
• Keep current on the Open Pathway accreditation process and status by visiting www.iecc.edu/hlc.
• Review and comment on IECC’s Assurance Argument in the Accreditation Module in Entrata/Compliance Assist. Submit any questions or comments you may have about the assurance argument online in the Reviewers Comments or by email.
• During the accreditation visit, be prepared to talk about and answer questions that pertain to your position at IECC.
On April 20-21, 2015, a Peer Review Team will be at IECC visiting with representative groups and different areas/departments at IECC and on the college campuses in order to ask questions of administrators, students, faculty and staff members to get their perspectives on IECC’s progress toward meeting the HLC Criteria for Accreditation. During the visit, you may be a participant in one of the group meetings or discussion, or you may be approached by a reviewer to talk about IECC, the colleges, and the assurance argument. Therefore it is important that you understand the Open Pathway accreditation process and what was learned through the assurance argument process. All IECC staff will be asked to take some time to review the assurance argument, attend any appropriate preparatory meetings prior to the visit, and to keep current with the Open Pathway accreditation process and activities at www.iecc.edu/hlc.